This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041106   

Life's little mysteries
Michael considered fate at 14:58   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Got a call last night as 3 AM from Austin Texas. Only problem is, I don't know nobody from Austin Texas. Austin Texas, you see, is way down there. I, however, am way up here.

You see?

So I racked my brain for information. austin...austin...austin.. Nope. Nada. Nothing.

So somebody musta dialed the wrong number, I figure. Someone was up at 2AM in Texas just jonesin' to talk to somebody, they picked up their phone, they dialed.. the wrong number.

867-5309.

I heard those poor bastards really paid for it when tommy released that song. Figures. People'll do anything for a gag.

Me? I mostly get people calling for Travelodge. Thing is, they know immediately that it isn't the travelodge, based on how I answer the phone. You know, sorta casual like without any "Hullo this is the Travelodge" greeting. I guess that tips them off.

Somehow, though, they still give 'er the old college try. "Hey, I'm looking for the Travelodge" or "Is this the Travelodge?" and once, a few weeks ago, "This is not the Travelodge, huh?"

No buddy, it ain't. The Travelodge is over there. I, however, am over here. You see? Is it not obvious?

I thought so.

Which is why I was surprised to get a call from Austin Texas at 3AM in the morning. Seemed obviously the wrong number.

But, who knows. Maybe it wasn't. Thing is, I'm far too lazy to call 'em back and since they didn't leave a message I pretty much won't ever know who or what that phone call was about. Ever. One of life's little mysteries. Like why do they make those conditioner bottles that only stand on the head, so water from the shower builds up under the edge of the cap and everytime you go to use it cold water trickles down your arm when you tip it over and you shiver from the thought of what kinda mildew might be lurking down deep in the recessed of that cap. I dunno.

One of life's little mysteries.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: