This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041217   

Michael considered fate at 15:11   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I can be an awful moody bitch sometimes and I don't even know why. Finishing my paper last night made me feel great. I got to sit in front of the teevee without any of that background noise that is pending-responsibility. I soaked up the latest episode of The O.C. (my super-secret, don't tell anyone at all, I'm embarrassed for me favourite show at the moment) and then I headed downtown for some drinks with my old roommate. Luckily he happened to be the guy working behind the bar so then I soaked up a few Jim Beams and then switched over to Maker's Mark. Somehow I've always found the pseudo-wax enthralling.

Wow.. enthralling. I haven't used that word in quite some time but somehow it just popped out without me even thinking about it. It's really quite a word. It's got a lot of weight to it, like you really mean it, and it's deep. If exciting and enthralling were both lakes you could stare into them and, while you could see the bottom of exciting lake clearly, you would have only a hazy mysterious view at the bottom of enthralling lake.

I got pretty drunk last night. It happens on occassion. I considered driving long enough to give the keys to my friend and then it was off into the woods for me. Woke up not hung-over but feeling like I hadn't gotten any sleep at all. I sort of feel like I haven't been getting any sleep for awhile now. I think it's the couch-to-couch life style I'm living at the moment. Bummer.

After the elation of last night I sort of feel funky today. The programming is going a little slowly, I have no sense of the weekend and how it will shape up, and and.. I guess what I'm saying is that I have no reason to be in any sort of funky-funk.

And just like that, I guess I'll decide not to be in a funk. That's the best part of being me, being human, being a thinking creature.. I can be dupped, even by myself. Dupped into feeling funky or, alternatively, dupped into feeling great. After awhile, if I can pull it off long enough, I won't even be dupping myself anymore.. it will become real. As real as beard, anyway. As real as anything us humans have made up.

I'm going to go see an old friend tonight and she told me she rented the movie Elf. I'm excited because it's about that time of year for dumb christmas movies. It's exactly what I'm looking for. So much so, in fact, that I feel pretty great. Right now.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: