This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041219   

Michael considered fate at 14:44   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I just bought a new suit today. Or yesterday.. sort of. You know how it goes, Ebay. I still haven't realized that sometimes, certain things are best left to the real-deal brick-and-mortar shops. Like shopping for suits. Thing is, I got a helluva deal for a brand new suit so I shouldn't complain.. and I won't.. until it arrives and it doesn't fit me. It amazes me every day the level of cheaposity I am capable of. Somewhere in my brain there is a switch that tells me my time is worth very little in lost opportunity cost if it is spent researching a product in order to save money.. even a few dollars. Sometimes I don't see the big picture. I see, in the short term and right in front of me, a bill for $A,BCD.XY and I figure that anything that will make that number less is a good thing. Even if it means wasting a weekend staring at stereo specs online. Even if it means climbing under a grimey car in the middle of winter with a blow-torch and some bubble gum. Even, in fact, spending more money, on occassion. A case of the "I'm saving money because it was on sale". A case of buying quality over something that will "just get the job done" because, somehow, I want to reward superior workmanship. Because somehow I want to appreciate the finer things in life (even though I don't want to pay the price for them). Even though I always end up with a lemon anyway. There is no such thing as superior workmanship. If it was built, it can break, and believe me if you wait long enough, it will.

I don't particularly need a new suit but it just struck me as something I should have around. You can never have too many suits. I think. Men in suits are some of the only good things to come out of this entire western culture and goddamned if I let that slip away through the cracks like one more lost jewel.



Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: