This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20041205   

Michael considered fate at 14:00   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Sometimes it takes a little bit to really understand how closely technology is woven into our lives - like having that technology taken away from us. The internet was down, or at least my side of the firewall was, and so I had to sneak into my roommates office to plug into his side. Then I stared at numbers trickling down the screen for a few hours, as matlab did it's thing. Graph theory makes for a boring Saturday afternoon, but what do I know? Maybe it'll save the world someday.

But not today so we're going to have to search for our heros somewhere else. Somewhere in the streets, among the throngs of regular 'ol people just wandering around, you know, down in it.

So I offer to you the world's top sellers, just in time for christmas and whaddyah know, maybe there is a little bit of hero in each one of them. I'm not sayin they're literally top sellers but maybe I'm sayin' they represent a little bit of the heroism left in this world. A little bit here and a little bit there and before you know it, it adds up to real heroism. Collectively. So check out these two collections, a snap shot of the early 2000's, as perfect an artifact of the new millenium as you'd possibly be able to find - electronic self-publication, sold in print for a reasonable price despite a very low print number - everything this digital world was meant to be and more. Get your opinion's here, the Times' OpEd section has got nothin' on these guys.

Tony Pierce's new installment, How to Blog - including the entire Kurt Cobain chapters, the stuff that blogs are made of, my introduction into the blogging world, and why I blog now.


Anti's first outing, Anti's Boring Blook from Hell - he published his blog in paper, what's not plainly obvious about that?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: