This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050117   

Anti's Random Song Meme
Michael considered fate at 16:56   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Throw iTunes, Winamp, whathaveyou into random shuffle mode. Record the first ten songs to play from your complete collection. No lies.

1. Nothing Better - The Postal Service
I'm embarrassed to admit that at a Saturday afternoon brunch at a friend's house, when this song came on and someone asked what the ticking was, I suggested it might have been a bad mp3 rip.. not, as I should have remembered, actually part of the damn song.
2. Summer Breeze - Seals & Croft
Specifically, it's the song that if floating out of Julie's Ford Maveric as her and Mitch Kramer make out at the end of Dazed and Confused
3. Sounds of Silence (Unplugged) - Paul Simon and Bob Dylan
Dylan probably composes the largest collection of live concert mp3s out of anyone in my library
4. Us and Them - Pink Floyd
Pink Floyd's The Wall was the first album I remember owning and listening to in my "adult" life (let's put it somewhere around 6th or 7th grade). It's played a vital role in my developement, for sure. At that time, one wrong move and I could've gone with Def or G'n'R.. not that theres anything wrong with that.
5. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
I have a vivid memory of MTV's The State making fun of this song with an excessively-repetative pseudo-music-video of a dude sitting on a dock.. of the bay. At least I think it was The State. I never thought that skit was all that funny, really.
6. I'd Rather Go Blind - Etta James
In my older years.. so goes my musical tastes, sometimes.
7. Oh My Golly! - Pixies
When I was a young and impressionable young lad I had a cousin with excessive amounts of music. Tapes everywhere. His rooms' walls were covered in those "tape shelves" - 100 and 200 tape holders stacked one on top of another. Mostly dubbed onto blanks. But when CDs hit, the Pixies were on the rise, and he had Surfer Rosa, which meant he had a CD cover with a naked chick on it.. or a topless one anyway. I was enthralled with the Pixes.
8. Creep - Radiohead
You can't have something interesting to say about every song. I never really jumped into the mopey wallow that was radiohead but I could see the appeal. I mean some of it's catchy in that cut-your-wrists-and-slit-yer-throat sorta way.. or, I dunno, maybe more of a pill-popper bad. The rise of oxycontin parallels the rise of depressed british band? I derno. maybe.
9. C is for Cookie - The Cookie Monster
This one is self-explainatory, ain't it?
10. Spandex Man - Mr. Scruff
Sometimes I just don't have the time, energy, motivation, or interest to keep up with all the music trends going on. That's why I scarfed my friend's iTunes library last summer to get shit like Death Cab for Cutie and Modest Mouse - stuff I'd never get around to downloading on my own. Mr. Scruff at least I knew of, however, so it was a pleasant surprise when my friend lisa forced this one on me. I'm honestly not complaining. Between that, Manu Chao, Scissor Sisters, and Fantastic Plastic Machine, I guess I sorta owe her.


Oh cookiecookiecookie starts with C!


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: