This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050221   

Dang
Alex considered fate at 17:50   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
So, the other day, I get two friendster emails from two girls, both associated with my high school, and wondering if I remember them.

I reply back in the negatorium, much to my chagrin. What can I say; my memory is sketch for yesterday, let alone years ago. But honesty is the best policy. Here's what one sent me this morning.



I think [high school] was lonely for many of us. It's such a strange time. As I recall, many girls had a crush on you. I can think of a few, but perhaps you didn't know what an object of affection you were at that time.


I remember one exchage with you... we didn't have many, but I often think of it. I was walking in the hallway toward the gym with a friend. We saw you and began talking. I remember you flashing a smile and saying what a 'serendipitous' thing it was to see us in the hall .... most high school boys could hardly string together a sentence, much less use a great word like that. That word forever reminds me of this guy I hardly knew in high school, but probably should have known better.

Damn it. That just fucking makes my day (the cute quotient doesn't hurt much). Somehow, past the threshold for regret, it's nice to know that it WAS my fault, and that I COULD have had friends in high school. I just fucked it up. Why is that comforting? I don't know, it just is.

Dude. Point of contention with your novel technology scenario. Don't you think people have had the same reaction to a knocking sound for a long time? True, that was invented sometime, but I'm just arguing that this reaction is nothing new to humans. I get the same 'get up and answer it' feeling each time I hear a knock.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: