This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050201   

Dear Apple
Michael considered fate at 01:19   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
dear apple computer company,

why haven't you contacted me about that super fancy happy job you have reserved for me in your design and interface department yet? what are you waiting for, Q1 is almost over. do you think you can ride this wave forever?

why haven't you listened to my suggestions? just because you didn't hire me doesn't mean you can't steal my ideas.. this is 2005 - technology and intellectual property is all about stealing property. you should know, remember xerox and all those funky next boxes? plus, you've been microsoft's bitch so long i'm surprised you managed to sneak out of the house and do something on your own for once (mach kernel). so why haven't you picked up on my "multiple albums" idea yet? isn't it obvious that people don't want to have a gazillion copies of a song, one each for every tv, movie, and album it shows up on? I understand maybe there are different versions but what if there aren't? what if they're all the same goddamned version? what then apple? why can't I have a list of albums for each song?

why can't I have a list of artists? why do I have to resort to stuff like X feat. Y when labeling the artists of my tracks? what do I do when there is a whole slew of performers up on stage? X feat. Y feat. Z? what if I'm a jazz fanatic and I like to record who was playing those shnazzy drums and who was strummin that cool bass? what if what if what if I want to know who produced the song, as opposed to who wrote it?

apple, why can't I read the news headlines on my ipod as I sit, bored, in class or in a meeting? why isn't doesn't my ipod automatically sync all sorts of crazy content to it whenever I plug it into my computer? why can't I receive satellite radio on my ipod and automatically tivo - ahem - *ipod* it? why aren't you creating your own buzzwords?

didn't you realize you had something when grown men in suits were walking through central park plugging their earphones into eachother's 'pods? don't you realize that when you create a wave you can either ride the front of it or be left behind in the backwash? aren't you going to strike?

I don't even mind that you haven't gotten around to telling me about the job you have waiting for me. I'm more upset that you're just wasting time treading water while you create the next big wave when you could, in fact, be just making the last wave bigger.. cause you know wave theory, right? I don't have to tell you what happens when two waves come together at the right time, right? they get bigger you assholes so why aren't you paying attention? why'd I have to yell there?

why can't i read ebooks on my clear, clean, crisp, ipod screen that is not smaller but bigger? why can't i automatically download art covers for all of my music into itunes? why can't i see that artwork on my ipod? why shouldn't i be able to own the text of every album cover i buy off your itunes store? why isn't that appended to the songs as extra information? why can't I search for a song in my ipod using a nice, quick, easy voice interface? why can't i adjust the equalizer on the fly, while a song is playing? why can't you guys pull your heads out of your asses?

why can't you make a randomized player that doesn't play the same band twice in a row out of 4000+ songs of other artists or play the same song I heard yesterday? why can't you make a ratings system that takes into account how much of a song I listen to, not just whether I listened to the entire thing? why can't you make smart playlists that have randomness levels based on this, based on how random I'm feeling on a given day?

why doesn't itunes have a solid remove-duplicates module that allows me to search for all songs that have similar or same id tags, similar lengths, and even similar acoustic signatures? why doesn't itunes allow me to mass-replace certain characters, symbols, or strings in id tags? why do i have to rely on a market of consumer-written apple scripts and hacks that, ultimately, fuck my music collection up more than it fixes things?

if you can't admit that you desperately want - nay need - me for the head of your smart idea department then at least admit that iLife should include a backup module that safely, securely, and seemlessly copies all my files to a server of yours on the off chance my computer - your hardware - fails. admit that an encrypted network backup of my data - a backup in which you sign the user-license agreement to never release nor examine the files - is an excellent idea in this broadband world.

apple, i'm alright with the job snub, i'll get over it. not everyone can see the genius for what it is and i can accept that. but not being able to see a plainly obvious and simple good idea when you see one.. not seizing the opportunity now cause you think you got something cool coming later.. that's almost criminal. if there was a court against corporate mismanagement, you might be on trial.

thank you very much for your time and consideration,

yours,

mikey.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: