This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050202   

Michael considered fate at 18:08   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I just got an IM. "Guess who is getting married?!?!" it said. I guessed, based on the excitment, that it was probably the person sending me the IM. Last week I got an email from a friend that said "I need your mailing address, NO questions asked!" which can only be yet another wedding invitation. I also got an email today instructing me to get a tuxedo fitted for another wedding, as I am a groomsman. I also received airfare information about another wedding, this one in jamaica of all places.

Shits getting expensive. If I count up all the fucking weddings I should go to this summer I'm looking at 5, maybe 6.. can't even tell anymore. Way too many, anyhow.

There has been a big rush lately. It's probably my age. Luckily, despite all the weddings in the last few years, I've never been tapped on the shoulder and put into duty. I've never had to throw the tux on and strut around, never had to go to a rehearsal dinner, never had to make a speech.

All the dude ever had to do was get drunk.. which we all know I'm an expert at. Especially wedding drunk - the kind where you can barely remember your name and you're pissing in the middle of the parking lot in front of everyone.. at least they're all your friends so they can forgive you a few minor transgressions.. at least for the night. The next morning is always a different story.

This summer, however, things are getting complicated. I have to participate. I have to pay attention and march down the aisle and crazy shite like that. What a pain in the ass. Wish me luck.

anti heads to nyc this weekend to hang with jaime and maybe pogey and trueboy.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: