This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050220   

Powers of intelligeable thought
Alex considered fate at 17:21   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
> Luckily my higher powers of intelligent thought was (emphasis added)

Anything funny about this utterance published in two separate, identical posts?

I thought not.

Dude. It is more frequently your emotional health that I worry about, but bruising/bleeding heavily often covaries with this little syndrome called "cirrhosis of the liver." Yeah. You might want to look into that.

So the descriptive headlines on Guardian World are composed of the three most uplifting stories I've read for a while.

Multiple suicide attacks fail to deter worshippers commemorating the festival of Ashura
South Africa suffers 59% mortality jump in six years
The threat of nuclear strikes now greater than during the Cold War

and

I went to hear Jarred Diamond talk about his new book Collapse. Actually, I snuck in like the sneaky bastard I am, because it was sold out. But the main point is, he made fun of you, almost directly. Talking about the guy who cut down the last tree tree on easter island, who's society collapsed mainly due to deforestation, he wondered what that guy could have been saying to himself and others around him. Maybe he was saying, "there's no scientific evidence that the current level of deforestation is irreversable," or "doomsaying enviromental predictions have been largely overblown."

Anyway, the tome sounds really interesting, and I plan to read it when I have a month or two free.

Let's play go online mofo. I'm having cumpulsive go-related ideation - solving little corner problems mostly.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: