This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050215   

Things I've been pondering
Michael considered fate at 00:47   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
1. Why is it that you can get something as ludicrous as green-tea kitkats but yet nabisco doesn't make record-sized wheat thins? I mean, honestly, if you were stuck on a desert island (and barring any storage issues here) what would you want an unlimited supply of? Green-tea kitkats or record-sized wheat thins? I mean, think about it.. wheat thins! Of course.

2. WHY is it that Quebec is so bass-ackwards that a) last call is 3am yet you can't buy alcohol in stores after 11pm, and b) BECAUSE you can't by alcohol in stores after 11pm you APPARENTLY also aren't allowed to bring bottle returns in after 11! Fack? On my way home tonight (you guessed it, after eleven) carrying my 12er of scud bottles along with my groceries a bum asked me for "a nickel or a dime, to get some food".. see, I like the ones that don't demand too much. Modesty goes a long way with me. This particular bum is a crafty fellow, though, and I've seen him around for years. Most of the time he is trying to sell subway tickets on the cheap, but hey - it's a living, right? I mean who knows how/where he gets 'em but they're legit and the dude just wants some food. Last time I saw him he was selling his hat. I knew it was his - or at least his for awhile - cause I'd seen him around in it. It was actually a pretty nice hat, sort of a leather Indiana Jones dealio with the braided wrap around the brim. He offered it to me outside the movie theatre a few months back for $15.. A reasonable price, I figure, even if he did steal it cause, after all.. a dude needs his hat. Anyhow, tonight I gave him the change out of my pocket since I had to use the plastic for the groceries anyway, cause the bastards weren't taking my empties. He walked with me a bit and saw me carrying the empties and he said "fuckers wouldn't take your empties, huh?" and I said "nah.. what is that, some sort of law?" and he said "ohh, I dunno.. I'm just on the streets here.. I know sometimes they won't take 'em back from me." I've even heard stories of stores that sell certain types of beer yet they won't take the returns, even though they take other returns. It's not like it's a big deal for the store owners, since the beer truck just comes around and collects during their deliveries. Fucking fascists.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: