This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050426   

Michael considered fate at 14:35   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
J-Mo rebukes my earlier post regarding piss-poor frozen pizza instructions:
I can see the point of the bold. Rather then have to read all the instructions you can locate answers to questions quickly.

How hot should the oven be? 425

How long do we cook it? Till the chese is melted.

Are there options: Crispy or Soft

Then reading is required to fully understand your selection.
And while I understand and agree with his reasoning, I think the nature of my post was suggesting that they did a very poor job of accomplishing what he suggests is their intention. For example, do I need to be told to preheat? Well, questionable. As any person old enough to use an oven I should probably know how to preheat, but I'll skip right over that. What's more important is the juxtaposition of crispy crust and preheat oven at 425 deg F. This suggests to me that there is a relation between wanting crispy crust and preheating at 425. This may be true, but it also suggests that if I perhaps do not want crispy crust I will have to preheat at a different temperature. A quick scan of the instructions, however, reveals no more boldfaced preheat instructions. I'm stumped!

Do the instructions "For a softer crust, place pizza on a baking sheet or aluminum foil and bake at 425 deg F fpr 10 to 12 minutes." suggest that I should not preheat at all for a softer crust? If I want a softer crust should I not "Remove pizza from carton. Remove overwrap" as instructed in the paragraph explaining how to achieve a crispy crust? Should I really leave plastic on my pizza in the oven?

This is ambigious at best.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: