This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050407   

Michael considered fate at 01:39   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment


When I asked the pope what he was doing in town he just pointed up at the cross on the mountain. I looked up and noticed it was purple - a soft rougey/violet.. almost heading towards pink - but clearly purple. He told me he wanted to trapse around the world and appreciate all the fare-the-wells that were being sent out to him in his final duty as pope: being dead. Then I asked him what he thought of it all.

Well, it's quite the production he said, shaking his head. I couldn't tell if that meant he approved or if he thought it was silly.

"And..?" I was expecting more.

And nothing: it's a production. Life, in all it's banality, demands great productions. So what if it was a bunch of jews in the desert who came up with the greatest production of them all so far? You think I'm bitter? That's like biting the hand that feeds you, no?

I just sort of shook my head and shrugged. I wasn't sure where he wanted me to lead him with his questions.

"Well what do you want me to say? You know I'm not god material."

Oh hogwash the pope sang, we're all god's creatures.

"Look buddy, " I waved my hand. "I'm not saying there is or isn't a god, I ain't saying you gotta listen to me, alls I'm saying is that I choose not to believe in all of that gobbly-d-gook."

Yah, I know he sighed, I'm just supposed to say that. It's in my contract.

"So when do you suppose this contract expires? I mean you're frickkin' dead, right? I mean god damn... whoops, sorry."

Oh don't worry. god gave up on that shit a long time ago. the pope rolled his eyes and dabbed at the drool on his chin with a hanky.

"So, when do you.. yah know.. retire?"

Ohh. I suppose pretty soon. Basically they gotta find another pope, turn those damn purple lights off, blow some white smoke up people's asses, and I'm home free he said waving his hands around in disgust. An old lady walked by and he waved at her instinctively.

"Is that going to be a long time?"

How the hell should I know? I got the feeling he was starting to get irritated with my line of questioning. Or his depends needed changing. I wasn't sure.

"Do you think it means anything, though?.. All this catholicism? All this.. production?" and with that he stopped, looked up and down the street to see if anyone was within earshot, leaned it a bit close and said,

It's the greatest theatre on earth, my friend. Then, with a sort of chuckle/cough and a snort, he turned and continued shuffling down the street.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: