This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050510   

Michael considered fate at 15:29   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Ask me to get up at 8am once in a blue moon and I'm dragging ass by 3:30pm. What do you expect? These bones aren't built for early morning brainstorming sessions. This body doesn't care much for bright-and-early bird specials or wake up with the sun bologna. This body doesn't even care much for bologna.

Chugged two cups of coffee early and hit the road running, 80mph in the little silver company VW Golf feeling every bit as much of the little-girl-inside me clapping her hands in excitement and wanting to bunch her. The car shook and trembled but kept up and at least the roads were clear, the sky was blue, and for once.. for once.. it wasn't raining.

By 10pm I was walking in the clients door. Zombie. Alert, but living dead.. Another three cups of coffee down. One to go. I was gone by three. Beautiful day for a drive. Just beautiful.

Traffic got choppy down in the southern Maine region but they mostly stayed out of my way and I blew past in the passing lane showing them how to drive like a respectable human being: using my blinker, giving people room, waving at old ladies and the prisoners trash-picking on the side of the road. The low-gas bell rang as I pulled into the company parking lot but I left it for someone else to deal with. Too nice of a day to think about pumping gas. Too nice of a day to think about anything really.

Just a really nice day.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: