This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050520   

Michael considered fate at 16:22   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Dear old downstairs neighbours whom I woke up with my motorcycle one night,

I'm really sorry I woke you up by revving my motorcycle loudly at 1AM in the morning directly outside your bedroom window. I know I was mere feet from your slumbering bodies but I was drunk. No, I didn't ride my motorcycle - perhaps you'd have preferred that given the state I was in? - but I did feel inclined to show my friend visiting from out of town that my motorcycle was capable of turning it's crank at 9,000 revolutions per minute. The fact that it was also capable of turning on *your* crank was initially overlooked.

When you stepped out onto your porch and yelled "Turn that FUCKING THING OFF" your feelings on the matter were made more clear to me. Opening up a dialogue of communication between us in this way was just the olive branch that was needed to start us off on a good relationship. My dumbfounded expression and wide-eyed stare of a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar was meant to communicate comprehesion though I am afraid that, in my inebriated state and with Jagermeister puke on my jacket, I might not have been as obvious as you in my attempts at neighbourly intercourse.

I know you probably associate me with the neanderthals who live in the back of the building, drinking Bud Light and leaving cigarette butts in the driveway, but I assure you this is not the case. That time you found my roommate and I with 40 ounce bottles of Colt 45 beer duct taped to both hands we were, in fact, conducting an experiment of the utmost importance and I thank you for not judging us in an unnecessarily harsh light.

In truth, I am a lot like you. I know this because I came home to find your door ajar one day and, though you were not home, I took a look around your apartment. I saw that you enjoy Harper's Magazine, as I do (sorry I stole your May issue) and I was impressed with your B.B. King record collection.

So again, I would like to apologize for any disturbance I might have caused you. It's not my fault you rented a first-floor apartment.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: