This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050517   

Michael considered fate at 13:45   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Drove home last night from the bar and as I was climbing up Franklin Arterial from the Old Port at about 35mph I noticed the white jetta up ahead of me, in the other lane. As I closed the gap between us I saw them hammer on the gas to cut off my approach. I never understand why people will drive at a constant speed down road only until a car starts to pass them in a nearby lane, at which point they speed right up as if driving was a contest. As if it proves something about your masculine nature, or your femine right to equality in going faster then the next guy, or maybe even the simple fact that your car goes faster than mine. Guess what folks? I've never driven a Kia but I hear they go 40mph, too. You ain't proven nothing but your ability to let other people control your actions.

Bravo.

They reached the blinking red light before I did but I kept my speed up until I almost hit the crossing. Then I saw them slow to about 10mph and roll right through the tomato as if it were a banana. As I came to a complete stop - look left, look right - I saw a cop car parked on the side of the road and as my wheels rotated back up to speed I watched it spring into action. I knew the poor little jetta driver's fate before they did. As I slowed for the next blinking red the cop car wizzed past me, also rolling through the intersection at about 10mph, and the rollers came on, flashing LED blues into the night. A few blocks later the jetta accepted it's fate, came to a stop, and I rolled on by chuckling in the darkness, laughing at other's misfortunes like the bastard that I am.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: