This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050527   

Michael considered fate at 10:20   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Here's something (Slashdot) I bet will make tony horny:
Sirius Satellite Radio announced they're in talks with Apple with everyone including makers of cell phones, digital music players and other devices to try and bring satellite radio to the iPod a portable mp3 player. CEO Mel Karmazin had a meeting a dinner date on Monday with Steve Jobs with a number of digital entertainment-related executives and he says the technology is the easy part. The hard part? Deciding how to split up the revenue, of course.
Sirius most likely can't afford to give away too much of it's $12.95 monthly subscription fees in a hardware contract deal and still stay afloat. And so far? No Deal. Of course Karmazin assures his stockholders, "If we don't do a deal, our current business plan is just fine." Good thing, cause there doesn't seem to be any iPods with iNttennas on them on the horizon.

The injection of Apple specific rumoring in this story seems to be highly wishful as Steve Jobs wasn't interested back in February. He stated then that he felt consumers are content for now with the ability to download thousands of songs. At that time he reportedly told Karmazin that he might change his tune, no pun intended, if more interesting content were made available on satellite radio.

I can't imagine Jobs likes Karmazin's big mouth, either, as we all know Apple has a "loose lips sink ships" attitude; they like to surprise us on our birthday, not tell us what we're getting months ahead of time.

Personally? I can't imagine I'd ever get a satellite radio subscription as things stand right now but I can certainly say I'd be far more likely to if I could get it on my iPod - guaranteed reception of your favourite shows wherever you go? I like - but then again all the shows I like are on National Public Radio. Hmm.. maybe I should be making that donation to the NEA afterall.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: