This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050530   

Michael considered fate at 17:42   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
It's raining again here in the port city. It ain't cats or dogs or men or even skittles, it's just plain old rain. So much so that we've surpassed even the north west in our rainy rainingness. The port city has received more rain this spring than anywhere else in the country. Although we set a high temperature record of 85 on the 20th, April was the 3rd wettest April on record (kept since 1871) with a total of 8.72 inches of rain. In fact it rained nine out of the last 11 days of the month.

That's a lotta rain.

So far May hasn't been much better with over 20 days of rain this month. The forecast calls for more rain on my birthday tomorrow, the last day of the month. The April showers have brought.. well.. just more showers. We're still waiting for the flowers.

Hopefully this means mother nature has gotten things out of her system and we're staring down the beginning of what will prove to be one of the most beautiful summers in the history of the universe for Portland, ME 04101. But maybe that's wishful thinking.

However, Santa Barbara will no doubt have plenty of sun for me in a few weeks. I'm taking a quick unexpected trip that I couldn't really say no to since it was a free plane ticket. Why the hell not?

Hopefully I'll get to see for myself if UCSB really should be ranked in the top 10 most beautiful students schools.. hopefully the summer session will have retained some of those hotties since where else would you want to spend a summer studying blue skies and long long beaches and how small thongs have gotten this year?

I think they've gotten pretty small.

When I get back from the land of Austrian gub'nahs I'm going to take a brief respite and then head on down the coast to a wedding, catch a red sox game, and then continue on down the coast, through rhode island, and end up on the Connecticutt seashore where you'd be surprised at those yuppies - they aren't all bad. Granted it's eastern connecticutt so what the hell do I know? I'll be sitting on the porch of a beach house up on a bluff overlooking a scene of sailboats, ocean, and seabirds making their seabird sounds.

When all of that fun is done and over with I'm jumping a plane to Jamaica for yet another wedding. Four days in the sun on the beaches with more clear blue skies and more waves and probably even bluer ocean waters. I hear they have some killer weed, too.

By the time I stumble back into my summertime rent-a-basement here in the port city the sun will probably be all but petered out and just as I get settled in for a long July and August with my motorcycle purring under me and the hot air breezing by me taking the sweat off my skin, it'll start to rain.

And we'll have one of the wettest Julys and Augusts on record.

Or not.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: