This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050525   

Michael considered fate at 19:04   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Today I ordered Jaime's book Envy The Rain. While it's no tax-writeoffable charitable donation to the NEA, and it's not really supporting any starving artists in any real sense, it is nevertheless one of the best purchases I feel I have made in a very long time. That and I've been anticipating this read for years now.

Isn't that strange, the way that word looks on the screen? Years. It's how long I've been keeping up with the lives of a few strangers simply by glancing into their not-so-private journals every few days. Is this the entertainment of the new society? Are blogs just reality literature - small bite-sized snippets of prose delivered amid a spattering of corporate advertisements, just like The Apprentice, The Bachelor, The Nanny, The Real World, et al in their own media? Is it good because it's empathetic? Is it cathartic because it's connective or is it just the thrill of being a peeping tom? Would I get nearly as much out of it if I did not write a blog of my own? Am I foolish to think that there is more power in blogging than television because it encourages participation by the masses? If the Internet was a rock band is blogging it's sophmore album? If so, is it any good? Is it on the pop chart or the indie chart? When does a piece of music go from being indie to being pop? Say what you will about the stylistic pigeon-holing of genres but let me remind you that it's called pop because that's short for popular, which has very little to do with tempo, beat, or harmony. It has to do with how many people are listening to it.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: