This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050525   

Michael considered fate at 17:38   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Took a 66% cut in income, went back to school, moved back out of the united states, and you know what change has made the biggest impact in my life in the last year? billfold, people. billfold.

pops gave me a little leather billfold for xmas, 'ought 4, and i've been sitting up straight with a smile ever since. no more bulging wallet, no more listing to the side like a broken man. i'm upright and ready to go.

sure, the wallets still around. remember, that things lasted me through twelve years of rough and tumble and i'm not about to toss it just because it's in three different pieces with frayed edges. it still travels with me, i just don't use it on a day-to-day.

the billfold has a nice tan leather with a metal money clip in the middle. the money clip is hinged to a thick metal spring that acts as the spin along the fold. does this make any sense? the spring let's things flex, so I don't get a jab in the tush if I sit down wrong, which is a nice feature.

so it's slim, sure, but more importantly it's trimming - and I'm not talking about my figure either. I carry my credit and atm cards, my license, and that's about all she wrote. with the wallet there was all sorts of junk piled up in the various pockets like a forgotten attic full of junk which, sure, made for interesting table talk when some chick would go through it (as they are want to do) but the billfold, man.. it's like a breath of fresh air.

I don't even carry money in it, really.

tip? phone numbers on mini postit notes, stuck to your credit cards. (did you know postits turned 25 earlier this year? well they did).

tip? don't carry cash, it's easier to spend. the thought of swiping a card, signing a receipt - it's all too much to bear. I save money just thinking about the pain, suffering, and hassle of ATM withdrawals.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: