This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050503   

Michael considered fate at 11:56   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
A watched pot never boils and so an oft-refreshed site meter doth not trouble itself with worries of incrementation. Step away from the computer for a few days, however, and I return only to find a veritable cornucopia of flavourful visits. Web searches for illegalize alcohol, random visitors from Wisconsin, old friends checking up on me... And best of all, multiple page views.

When I see some random visitors looking for Saab 900 spark plugs or Red Sox Fenway pictures and then I see that they hung around for three or four page views, even poking into my archives, it makes me feel like maybe there is a point to even having an archive afterall. Maybe there is a point to writing this garbage down day in and day out and publishing it on the web. If this was just for my friends then shit, I could just send them an email, couldn't I?

The random blog visitor is like a good conversation at a bar with some oddball you've never seen before. Except I guess I'm the oddball in this comparison.. Opening a tiny window into a different world.. maybe one that looks familiar or maybe one that looks completely strange. I dunno.

The random blog visitor is like a patient in a waiting room, picking up a magazine they might otherwise never have looked at. Old men flipping through Prevention or young girls reading Newsweek. Babies drooling on People. I've even read a few Redbook in my time.

Nobody said you had to like it but it certainly doesn't hurt to know that it's out there. Awareness of the different worlds around you prepares you when a new one comes around the corner and slaps you in the face. Knowing can only make you more well adjusted and less naive when the war of all these little worlds really starts to come to a head.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: