This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050614   

Michael considered fate at 17:27   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
bled time on thursday heading west to see a santa barbara sunset but by the time I got there it was already dark. A 17-hour trip, all told, what with a 2 hour drive to Boston, a delayed connector flight, a delayed re-booked direct-to-LAX flight, and finally another almost 2 hour drive up the coast to Santa Barbara.

Start: 10:30AM EST

End: 12:30PM PST

It hurt but I had a beer so it didn't hurt too badly. I settled into the beach with sand between my toes and some fake meat in my tum and just listened to the waves crashing into the shore. It's not that I don't appreciate the ocean I have - the Atlantic - I do, but variety is the spice of life I am told and so I agree. The Pacific is nice.

I wandered around Del Playa watching drunk college students do their drunk college student thing, I strolled down State in downtown Santa Barbara in the hot burning sun (with a char-broiled pinkness on my arms and face as my witness). I even strolled through a gallery or two and made a wedding-gift purchase. It's always nice to kill two birds with one stone.

Then I taught two suckers how to play poker by taking their money - sometimes the best way to learn is to fall down and feel the hurt - but I was quickly reminded that it was fake money and it wasn't till the next night that real green was exchanged and then, at that point, I had used up the luck I was allotted for the weekend, and I barely held on by using my wits alone. Let me tell you they certainly get lonely, my wits, without a little bit of luck behind them.

We picniced and frisbeed and generally took it fairly slow. We drank beer and wine and even some cactus, but that didn't work out the way we had planned. All most of the stuff did work, though.

And there were even irish girls. Young and straight from County Cork. Lots of them so much so that three were installed as new roommates in my friends two bedroom apartment leaving me between a rock and.. well.. three irish girls. It wasn't so bad, except for the bathroom sink flooding the apartment.

Luckily I got a few pictures this time. Nothing too exciting but enough to liven this place up. I'll throw them up when I get a chance but right now, after 17 hours of travelling down the California coast to Orange County and the John Wayne airport, of flying back up over Santa Barbara north to San Fransisco, of flying across the country on the redeye back up to Boston where I drove home to the portcity in the tumultous rain -

Start: 02:00PM PST

End: 10:00AM EST

- and finally after 8 hours of work (I'm bushed) I am heading back west - this time only to Manchester, NH - to be the airport taxi this time around. And when I'm done, and fed, I will sleep. Soundly. And then I will post pictures for you.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: