This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050623   

Michael considered fate at 12:10   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
More travelling in one week than I care to think about, at least with the amount of drinking going on, but it was fun in the sun, weddings all around, and some time on the beach to boot. Should I be complaining?

Nahh.

Life really isn't too bad all things considered. Part of me thinks I should write it down here for archival purposes but I'm consistently and painfully aware that I don't want this blog to be any sort of diary. That's not what I'm about. At all. Since day one it's been about reaching someone. Or some people. Or a whole crowd. Whoever is interested in joining in the fun. I never meant for this place to be about me, though I suppose that's a practice in futility to some degree. I meant for this place to be about information exchange. Interesting stories. Crazy ideas. And sure, some experimental writing as well. But never about me.

In fact I loathe the idea of anything being about me and I think that perhaps that is the reason, the ultimate factor, that sent my life reeling down the path of the logical scientist instead of the path of the liberal artist.

Growing up I felt as much magnetism towards creative writing, acting, and journalism as I did towards biology, chemistry, math. Truly. Even in high school I was sneaking out dumb little publications under the administrations noses meant to undermine the "authority".

Somehow, though, there is something about the stage that is very much the opposite of the self-effacing attitude I feel that I have. Science is, in my mind, the logical opposite. The old man toils in the tower, mixing chemicals and sending his Igor about to collect snippets of this or that, never venturing into the town himself. He works many years to finally release new science to the masses: Technology! (catchall) The townspeople collect his technology in their aprons, gathering the fallout from the ground as it rains down from his dark and mysterious home up on the mount, but he does not appear. They do not chant his name. This man's name is not Bono.

This, I suppose, is an entirely arguable matter. Tomorrow I could easily be in a mood to disagree. This is perhaps the Gemini in me, those two dueling faces who turn back to back to face eachother, drawing their swords to shoot eachother. One Shakespeare's apprentice the other Newton's Igor.

And in that serendipitous way of mine I have seen a whole entire post drawn out about me, all about me, in which I clearly state at the begining that I desire not things about me, and from this post I read in me perhaps more shakespeare than I thought I'd ever see. Maybe less of science is best, or not. Either way I cannot say but for sure theres more to life and I for one must give it a shot.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: