This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050725   

Michael considered fate at 13:24   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I've never been a big comic book guy or, alternatively, a graphic novel guy, but I did borrow my cousin's copy of V for Vendetta by Alan Moore years and years ago when I was visiting him and couldn't find anything to read. I ended up really enjoying it a whole lot and so it's no surprise, really, that someone else (The Wachowski Brother's) enjoyed it too - enough to make it into a movie. Of course the proliferation of comic content as action movie fodder probably has a lot more to do with it. Anyhow, Hugo Weaving (Agent Smith from the Matrix movies) is the main character V and Natalie Portman plays the other main character, a young woman saved by V from a late night alleyway situation. I don't want to ruin anything so I'll keep it simple. Suffice it to say that V could stand for Vigilante and the movie has a strong revenge plot, only the people V is getting retribution from are the same people that happen to be running the totalitarian government.

Trailer here.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: