This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050731   

Michael considered fate at 22:31   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Well you've heard of it, you've had friends who went through it, now hear it here for the first time: I am a proud member of the "Two speeding tickets in one day" club. Two within one hour, in fact, and each from their own state. Two states that don't even border each other, in fact.

I accidentally slid into Canaan, Vermont a little too quickly, chatting away with my passenger, not paying attention to my speed. 55 in a 30, but he didn't clock me till 43, me being the semi-charmed kinda guy I am.

An hour later, I'm cruising into Bethel, Maine near the Sunday River ski resort on a nice wide open stretch of route 26. I'm coming down a big hill, chatting away, and bang - nailed as a copper came driving by. 75 in a 55, but he said I was honest with him so he dropped it down to the next level - 69 (below 15 over, so less points and he saved me $100). See? Semi-charmed.

So sure, I got a few speeding tickets. Two in one hour. But they were cheaper combined than some single tickets I've seen my friends get. And in fact, the Vermont ticket won't even show up as points on my license.

Am I unhappy I have some fines to pay? Am I grouchy I am going to have some points on my license? Am I angry I let myself slip into these situations? Sure, yes, certainly, mmhm. You know what they say, you win some you lose some.

But I say as long as I keep losing the unimportant battles, I'm going to count myself lucky enough. You can't go expecting perfection all the time.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: