This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050816   

Michael considered fate at 11:52   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
I really don't have anything topical to say about this article other than it's another good example of overstated headlines to attract readership:

Winnipeg tracks idling vehicles

It got me, I'll tell you. What?! I thought, They are tracking people's vehicles? For Idling? Who.. what the.. that's a violation of privacy rights.. that's but I who how.. fah?. My blood was boiling before I could click the load button.

Okay, so it wasn't that bad. The rights of Winnipeggians (Winnipeggists?) isn't high on my list of things-to-be-indignant-and-self-righteous-about.. Not cause I don't like those friendly mid-westerners, eh, but because I doubt any one of them is worried too much about us Mainers (Maniacs?). But I did click on the link because I was curious to see what the point of tracking idling vehicles was.. safety issues? pollution? traffic congestion? Yah, well, it was a farce:
Some city-owned vehicles in Winnipeg are being targeted by officials to see how long civic employees leave them idling.

Tracking devices have been installed in 12 vehicles to see how many times the engines are left running unnecessarily...

...The tracking devices could be in 30 vehicles by the end of the year.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: