This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20050926   

Michael considered fate at 15:39   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Okay, two quick things. Firstly, if you haven't ever tried Firefox you should give it a whirl just for shits and giggles. Well, one giggle in particular; the find feature. Cntrl-F in Firefox reveals a vastly superior text search tool than you'll find in either of IE and Safari. Just my two cents. I forget how Opera handles it since it's been forever since I've used it (though it's fully free with no ads now!).

Secondly, I finally got bit by an internet scam.. well, I think I did. I got a paypal message that said I needed to update my credit card info as it had expired. This was all well and true, since I had to replace stolen cards this summer, so I didn't really think twice about this odd request. I followed the link from the email (of course, idiot!) and proceeded to fill in my new credit card info. UNFORTUNATELY, it was not until _after_ I hit the submit button that I realized the actual website I was at was a spoof of the paypal site, and I had just given some asshole in Pennsylvania my financial mumbojumbo. Luckily I'm not a complete asstart, I noticed the scam, and quickly cancelled my card and changed my passwords before anything unspeakable could happen. Few. But it's a good word to the wise; beware of following links within emails. Look at them carefully and make sure they're pointing to the correct sites. Be suspicious!


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: