This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20060329   

Michael considered fate at 21:28   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Feb, even though it's the shortest month of the year, sprang forth with vigor and produced (somehow) the absolute busiest month we've ever seen here on the blog. The visits were at an all time high, the unique count was at an all time high, and the page views were at an all time high. I'm not high and I don't worry too much about numbers, but I like to be up there if I can.

March had it's slump time, and I suppose that's to be expected coming off such a great push, but now I'm not only looking at a new all time high - I'm looking at breaking the 1000 barrier mark. Now I know that for a whole lotta average blogs out there 1000 hits in one month is nothing special at all. A friend here, a pal there, and before you know it you're getting visits left and right, jerks correcting your spelling in the comments, and friends tell friends and - if you're of this innernector generation, well, pretty soon everyone you know is here. Nevertheless, I'm still old skool. My parents still don't know about this blog, my sibling doesn't, and probably close to 95% of the people I know (friends, family, acquaintances) have no idea it exists. I'm not in the business of building readership that way. Sure, stumble by, have a look.. if you interested maybe come back again, and again.. Or not. Most of the time not. I know that, and it's fine.

Nevertheless, forgive me my vanity - I may not spend $200 on one pair of jeans and I don't buy hair gel - but 1000 hits would still be nice, as a sort of stepping stone, a marker of the journey; where it's come and where it's going.

Two days left, so it's probably not likely but I got a nod from the tone-ster with a link on his weekly specials up top and so maybe, just maybe, it'll happen.

If not, I can at least say I set a new record. Feb. has got nothing on spring, baby.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: