This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20060512   

Michael considered fate at 15:08   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
From a Washington Post article about this NSA nonsense:
Out of a total of 502 randomly selected [American]adults interviewed last night, 63 percent .. said they found the NSA program to be an acceptable way to investigate terrorism, including 44 percent who strongly endorsed the effort . Even worse, 66 percent said they would not be bothered if NSA collected records of personal calls they had made.
I had basically this very discussion at the bar last night with my buddy and he insisted that this was a "Very Bad Thing"(tm) but in it's current incarnation it's hard for the average American (who, remember, is presumed to not be a terrorist) to see the danger in this sort of program. People are short sighted and don't think about that illegal shotgun they have in their shed for hunting wabbits and how, one day, the government might eavesdrop on them to discover and expose and persecute that illegality.

Of course some people are very farsighted and seem to think this means no more taking a shit without uncle sam knowing about it and that, too, is a stretch.

In my discussion last night I played the devil's advocate for the NSA but if the Washington Post called me to ask what I thought about it all I'd say without a doubt that I think it's a bunch of bullshit. If a you have to paint a house that colour to make it stand up then you have deeper problems all the way down in the foundation, my friend.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: