This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20060509   

Michael considered fate at 15:40   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Halloween ought five I didn't feel much like "dressing up" so I just dressed up. Forced to throw an impromptu party, I gathered together my loose pocket change and switched it up for a few jugs of appleton estate rum. When the guests began to arrive I climbed into a deep mug of hot toddy - the time of year seemed appropriate.



It happened to be fallback, that curmudgeonly beast of daylight savings in which light is shown down upon wee little school children walking to school in the early morning dawn but the rest of us sleepers and slackers are stuck with darkness at 4:30pm sharp as winter sets in.

Nevertheless, we tried to think of things less morbid, like pederasts.



When the cops showed up at 1AM cracking their knuckles in wide-stance authority mode, I informed them kindly that it wasn't 2AM as they so desperately wanted to assert. They informed me that they had still received a noise complaint. I informed them that I lived above a dance club and it was Saturday night. They cracked their knuckles. I said I'd turn the music down.

Half the party-goers were locked in after this, thanks to our friendly neighbourhood enforcement officers who swung the metal gate shut on their way down the stairs. Looking very much like jailhouse bars, it was somehow fitting in that time of tricks and treats and hobgoblin nonsense.

Whatever it was, something was definitely in the air. When the dust cleared and cleanup began the next morning, a few leftovers were swept out the door with the empty beer bottles and cigarette ash.



It was nice to see the folks who stopped by that night: Axl and Slash, the drunken pirate, a few pedophiles, the absinthe girl, and even a fork..



.. but I gotta say, I probably won't be throwing a halloween party next year.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: