This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20061127   

Michael considered fate at 16:03   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Not surprisingly, retailers did well in the big-bang weekend start of xmas shopping. In fact, sales rose 6% to $8.96 billion for Friday. I can't help but think that I could be doing more for the environment, that I could be helping to slow this consumerist frenzy in some way.. and then I think about the fact that I don't buy anyone christmas gifts and I feel a lot better. See, I am doing something! Regardless, that penguins movie beat out the new James Bond by almost $7 million this weekend. I can't help but think that the more our nation watches cartoons the more disengaged with reality we are and therefore the more palatable all this consumption becomes because it isn't real, nothing is real, it is all make-believe and supercallifragilisticexpialidocious. Sugar swwwweet!

I can't help but think a nation of movie goers more excited to see explosions, high-tech gadgets, and a blonde british secret agent man would be more in-tune with the world around them than a nation full of fuzzy-penguin loving 'toon freaks. I mean, isn't that why CNN gets all those ratings? Isn't it all about things blowing up? Who wants to see an environmental message packaged in a family movie? Really now.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: