This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20061228   

Michael considered fate at 11:50   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Sometimes I considering posting commentary on news items and then other times I think to myself: gee, I'm sure everybody already knows about that, right? Thus explaineth the inconsistency - well, that and my extreme laze. So be it, this is life, right?

Or not. Ex-Pres. Ford kicked it, ending the game in what I would call extra-innings. 93 is the oldest any president has made it and it is certainly higher than the current U.S. average age of death, which is 77.9.

James Brown didn't fare so well, dying at 73 on xmas. The big payback, maybe?

The older I get the more I notice how old people are when they die. There is a very large spread between 73 and 93 but to put things in a little more perspective, the recognized oldest woman in the world (a dubious title if I ever heard one, but regardless) died this year at age 116. If 93 is extra-innings than 116 is the longest game in baseball (Chicago vs. Milwaukee, 7-6 after 25 innings, for a total game time of 8h6m on 5/8/1984). I'm not sure I can even comprehend that. To reach the age of 93 - the oldest a U.S. President has ever lived (and no doubt, U.S. Presidents get pretty good healthcare) - only to have 23 more years in you!? I can barely fathom it. Geriatric to the extreme, bored out of your wits by the unending deluge of moronic epithets streaming through your tv by talking heads and political widgets, and fed up with yet another meal of peas and beans, yet with a long and arduous twenty-three years of imprisonment still to go within this cell we call earth!

I know I'm bored out of my wits by the unending - and, basically, despite a change in specifics and perhaps a different angle of attack, all the same - words.. and unless I get (un)lucky I have a lot more than 23 years left to go.

*sigh*


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: