This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20070207   

Michael considered fate at 12:57   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
Ha! Take that Tremblay. Although I am no longer in Montreal, I was around for the hub-bub that was the cities attempt at renaming Parc Avenue to Robert Bourassa. Robert was some Quebec premier, apparently. Whatever. I signed a petition on the street (yes, it was Parc) and I sent an email to anyone who I thought might be offended by the change, as well. Apparently it paid off:
Mayor Gerald Tremblay says the proposal to change the name of Park Avenue has been withdrawn and added his intention was never to generate controversy.

The decision to rename the street triggered angry street protests and prompted some 30,000 people to sign a petition against the move..

.. The mayor said Tuesday that he still wants to find a way that suits everyone to honour the former premier, and added Mr. Bourassa's family didn't want any controversy over changing the name of Park Avenue.
Oh, I dunno.. how about renaming Ruelle Lavers... muhhahaha.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: