This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20070220   

Michael considered fate at 18:35   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
On my brief trip south this last weekend I made it to the Smithsonian's Hirshhorn Contemporary art museum and looked at paint and neon tubing and various other mediums affixed to white walls with security guards in white uniforms standing in corners telling you to face forward on your way down the escalator. I've seen a few contemporary art installments that were entertaining but this one was just plain bland. Don't get me wrong, I certainly feel bad for saying that. I also feel bad for feeling like a national museum in the capitol of one of the greatest nations in the world should, I dunno, actually have some cool art in it.


Once I got over the feelings of feeling inadequate for not appreciating what others, apparently, appreciated enough to put up on white walls in a national museum, I got the hell out of there and went to look at some planes instead. The Air and Space Museum, while perhaps dated, is still just what is advertised: stuff from air and space. Right on.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: