This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20070305   

Michael considered fate at 17:21   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment
so i met a gal on friday night.

at a bar.

i just went down by myself.. i get better at this the older i get, going to a bar alone - is that a good thing or a bad thing? anyway, i was making the trip because, well, i just needed to get out of the house. it was a friday night, it had been a slow week, i needed to see some new faces. sitting there with a pbr talking to my friend the bartender i felt a little relieved to be out in the audible jungle and not stuck at home inside the quiet solitude of my own head.. and these two girls came strolling into the joint and sat right down next to me and drank whiskeys and started talking to me, all friendly like. this is portland, maine and i'll be frank by saying that doesn't happen all too often. and i'll be self-deprecating by saying plus, this is michael - *that* doesn't happen too often. and i'll laugh it off as wit and charm (self-esteem is overrated, confidence is for narcissisistic cocks full to the necks with bud light and red in the face, huffing and puffing about their fast-paced career in marketing and finance) and i'll secretly kick myself in the shins (try it, it's harder than you think) for even thinking of trying to be funny at my own expense for the purposes of my own advancement, a catch-22 circular social mistake that has my insides tugging at itself like a fisherman whose caught the back of his own pants.

back in the outside, anyway, sit two odd ducks quacking at me with friendly faces and interesting backgrounds. one of them; really cute, really good attitude - easy laughter.. and so I got her number.

skip ahead to the next day and there is a connection. always always some connection with someone or other who dated so and so who was friends with such and such and lo-and-behold this world is small and tiny in it's vastness and i'm no more a dr. livingston than a jacques cousteau.. i'm just discovering myself over and over, everyone a sort of mirror shining back at me.

who knows, this one is an odd one. still, i don't know what to do with it. i'm no good at th phone game. 2 days? 3 days? 7 days? then what, anyway? drinks? i
don't know if (a) all the movies are bullshit and nobody dates that way in real life, the i want to or, (b) i meet lame chicks or, (c) i'm an alcoholic.. cause frankly a good date in my book is going out for drinks. it's perfect. not too long (like dinner) that you are stuck and not too antisocial (like a movie). not to mention the liquid courage. who *wouldn't* want to go for drinks.

anyway, i guess i could just call her up and ask her out for drinks and then sit at home by myself staring into the vague shadowy reflections that are made in the glass of a window with darkness draped outside. drinking whiskey.

suggestions?


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: