This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.                             the guys: philogynist jaime tony - the gals:raymi raspil

        20070323   

Michael considered fate at 17:38   |   Permalink   |   Post a Comment


Well, that's it.. I'm off. I will be away from the desk and all things 9-to-5 for a few weeks. Almost exactly two, in fact. I'll be traipsing around in Europe.

I'm going to start by investigating the oldest religious center of Portugal, the City of Braga in the north. I'll be presenting the paper that I got publish there as well but that hopefully will not get in the way of any of the fun.

I'll follow up with France. My sister is in Paris for a postdoc and I've got 3 or 4 days there. I'll likely just sit around giving ugly looks to the frogs. They seem to like that. Or maybe I'll actually go somewhere interesting like the Louvre, so I can complain about their art as well. What an asshole, huh?

Finally, I'm going to hit Oslo, Norway, the supposed most expensive city in the world. Luckily I have a place to stay so the monetary issues should be limited to food and drink - I should be able to handle that. No real plans as far as sight seeing goes, however. Honestly, I know not what tourists do in Oslo.

Fear not, though. I am lugging my new DSLR toy with me, and I plan on maxing out the 2GB card that came with it. That'salada pictures, man.

Sit tight, and I'll be back in a jiffy.


Powered by Blogger

Check out heroecs, the robotics team competition website of my old supervisor's daughter. Fun stuff!
Page finished loading at: